CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Observe all posted signs and warnings as well as obey all instructions provided by CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC staff.
- All participants must have a Personal Flotation Device and whistle with them at all times while on the water. Children under 13 years of age must be wearing their PFD while the vessel is underway.
- All participants must wear appropriate safety equipment and use all equipment in the manner directed by CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC.
- All persons engaging in any Activity on the water should be able to swim.
- No personal items that can be lost should be brought along while engaging in any of the Activities. CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC is not responsible for any participant’s personal property.
- Inform our staff of any physical limitation or any safety concern you may have, but remember that CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC cannot determine if you can safely participate. Persons that have physical limitations, are suffering any illness, or are pregnant should not engage in the Activities unless they have consulted their physicians. Participation in Activities is at person’s own risk.
- Do not drink alcohol or take drugs/intoxicants prior to participating in or during any CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC Activity.
- Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- The renter is responsible for the rental equipment including any loss or damages to the equipment or caused by the equipment provided by CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC for the entire length of your rental.
- Only the participants who complete the CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC liability waiver and review the rules and regulations may use the rental equipment. The renter is responsible to ensure any individual using the equipment during their rental period has completed the waiver. Do not allow others to use the equipment.
The following is a partial list of the inherent risks associated with the Activities at CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC. This list does not include all inherent risks, but serves to provide examples and promote an understanding of the risks.
CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC Does Not Provide Onsite Medical Services.
All of the Activities at and provided by CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC expose participants to risk of:
- Head trauma and facial injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries
- Contusions, lacerations, and abrasions
- Complications associated with exposure to weather and physical exertion
- Impacts with other individuals or participants and/or their equipment
- Perils and hazards arising from other guests
- Perils and hazards arising from natural features, plants, animals, insects, wet surfaces, tripping and/or falling hazards, and other types of contact with man-made and natural features
- Perils and hazards arising from equipment failure or malfunction and potential misjudgment by staff
- Remote locations that can delay the delivery of emergency medical services
- Loss of personal property
Water based Activities more specifically expose participants to risk of:
- Drowning or other complications associated with immersion in water.
- Falling into water and/or swimming in turbulent water.
- Becoming pinned or entrapped by items or obstacles in/on the water.
- Colliding with rocks, tree stumps, boats, and other items in the water.
- Falling while entering or exiting the water or the paddle board.
- Motorized watercraft on any waters where Activities are participated in.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Always wear the PFD and board leash while on the water.
- Remember the path you take while on the water so you know how to get back to your launch point.
- If you fall off the board, fall away from the board and avoid falling on the paddle in order to avoid injury. The paddle will float.
- Stay clear of objects in the water, the shore, docks, and watercraft.
- When approaching a dock or shore to exit water, drop onto your knees on the board and paddle as you get closer in order to reduce risk of injury.
- All motorized watercraft have the right of way.
Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours in advance of your scheduled rental in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations made within 72 hours of the time of the rental will be eligible for a 50% refund. When a reservation is made, we mark our boards as unavailable for additional renters in order to avoid overbooking our rentals.
Refunds are issued due to weather conditions as deemed necessary by CANNON BOARD COMPANY LLC. In the event of unfavorable weather, you will be notified and given the option to change your reservation at no charge or receive a full refund. Factors we will consider include lightning, heavy rain, wind over 15-20 MPH, and other conditions which may affect the safety of participants. We reserve the right to decide when to enforce this policy in order to maintain a safe, fun environment for our customers.
Pick up rentals of 1 day or more will not be issued a refund per the weather policy as we only monitor local weather. The renter may bring to our attention weather conditions for the area where they plan to take the rental in which a determination will be made to allow the renter the option of rescheduling their rental at no charge. No refund will be issued under these circumstances. The renter is responsible for ensuring safe conditions where using their rental. The rentals should not be used in storms, high winds over 20 MPH, or large waves.